EchoLingo第 149 期
0/88
录音

播放开始以显示句子

You know, all those things
你知道,所有那些事情
10:00 – 0:03
that you think are so important and so very urgent
那些你认为非常重要且非常紧急的事情
20:04 – 0:11
and that
以及那些
30:12 – 0:13
you feel so nervous about and so upset about when they don't go well.
当它们进展不顺利时,你会感到非常紧张和非常沮丧。
40:13 – 0:21
They're just small things.
它们只是小事。
50:22 – 0:24
They do not matter half as much as you imagine they do.
它们的重要性远不及你想象的一半。
60:25 – 0:30
You allow yourself to be budgeted
你允许自己被安排得满满当当
70:31 – 0:35
and bulldozed and impressed by the way of the world.
被世俗的方式推挤和影响。
80:36 – 0:42
But my friend, the way of the world at the end of the day is
但是我的朋友,归根结底,世俗的方式
90:43 – 0:47
just about what you foreground,
只关乎你优先关注什么。
100:49 – 0:53
what you decide is important and what you decide to focus on in your life.
你决定的事情很重要,以及你决定在生活中关注什么。
110:53 – 0:59
and trust me.
相信我。
121:01 – 1:02
After all these years
在这么多年之后,
131:03 – 1:05
of living my life,
在我一路生活、摸索之后,
141:06 – 1:07
I have finally understood
我终于明白,
151:08 – 1:10
that it is truly up to me to
设定人生的节奏,
161:11 – 1:15
set the pace and to set the direction
设定方向,
171:15 – 1:20
and to not allow myself to be badgered
不让自己被别人纠缠,
181:21 – 1:26
or panicked or
被吓慌,或是
191:26 – 1:30
pushed into doing things,
被推着去做事情,
201:31 – 1:33
or at the pace
也不按照别人要求的
211:34 – 1:35
at which other people want them.
节奏去做事,这些都取决于我自己。
221:36 – 1:38
I keep my own counsel
我保持自己的判断/主见
231:40 – 1:44
on what I prioritize,
关于我优先考虑的事情。
241:45 – 1:47
what I focus on,
我关注的事情。
251:48 – 1:50
and in which direction I am going.
以及我要去的方向。
261:51 – 1:54
And that makes all the difference.
而那让一切变得不同。
271:55 – 1:58
Because now I am truly in charge.
因为现在我真正掌控了局面。
281:59 – 2:04
Now I can
现在我可以
292:04 – 2:05
enjoy the things I commit to because they're of my choosing.
享受我所承诺的事情,因为它们是我自己的选择。
302:06 – 2:10
And they don't have to lean me into panic or
而且他们不必让我陷入恐慌或
312:12 – 2:18
urgency or emergency mode.
紧急或应急模式。
322:19 – 2:22
All they have to do
他们所要做的
332:23 – 2:24
is to be what preoccupies me,
就是成为占据我心思的事物。
342:25 – 2:29
what takes my attention, what takes my care, what
什么占据我的注意力,什么值得我关心,什么
352:30 – 2:35
takes my energy.
消耗我的精力。
362:35 – 2:36
And that is a sound thing to do.
那样做是明智的。
372:37 – 2:40
because the objective of life is not to be idle
因为生活的目标并不是无所事事,
382:41 – 2:45
or to be on holiday all the time or not
也不是一直度假,或者什么都不
392:46 – 2:50
to do things.
做。
402:51 – 2:51
It is to be connected
它是要被连接
412:52 – 2:55
to the right things in your life
到你生活中正确的事物
422:56 – 2:58
and to do what is right for you to do and to do your
并且去做对你来说正确的事情,并且尽
432:58 – 3:03
very best to do those things as well as you can.
尽最大努力尽可能好地做那些事情。
443:03 – 3:07
And that means staying in charge remaining accountable,
那意味着保持掌控,保持负责。
453:07 – 3:13
keeping proactive about
保持主动
463:14 – 3:16
it, keeping on top of things
面对它,并把事情掌控好
473:16 – 3:19
planning them, being at one with them,
规划它们,与它们保持一致,
483:19 – 3:22
enjoying them, making the most
享受它们,充分利用
493:23 – 3:25
of them and doing them with a joyful, attentive attitude.
它们,并以愉快、专注的态度去做它们。
503:25 – 3:32
And that, my friend, you can only do
而这一点,我的朋友,你只有在
513:33 – 3:36
once you have decided no longer to let the crowd
一旦你决定不再让大众
523:37 – 3:42
or the world or other people decide for you, not even your dog.
或世界或其他人替你做决定,甚至你的狗也不行。
533:42 – 3:49
because he sometimes also tries to push me around
因为它有时也会试图摆布我
543:50 – 3:55
and tell me he wants things now this second
并告诉我他现在就要东西,就这一秒
553:56 – 3:59
and there too I have to apply some porous
在这一点上我也必须设立有弹性但清楚的界限
564:00 – 4:05
but nevertheless clear boundaries
有弹性但仍然清楚的界限
574:06 – 4:09
in order not to be bullied and ordered around
为了不被我的狗欺负、指挥来指挥去、牵着鼻子走。
584:09 – 4:15
and dictated
和指挥
594:16 – 4:19
to by my dog.
被我的狗牵着鼻子走。
604:19 – 4:21
And in that same way, my friend, you need to learn not to let yourself be dictated to
同样地,我的朋友,你需要学会不让自己被他人支配
614:23 – 4:30
by anything
被任何事情
624:31 – 4:32
or anyone.
或被任何人
634:32 – 4:33
But keep your own life
但要保持自己的生活
644:34 – 4:36
clearly in focus
清晰聚焦
654:37 – 4:39
and to make it
并且把它做成
664:40 – 4:41
the way you want it.
以你想要的方式。
674:41 – 4:43
Now that takes time to perfect.
这需要时间来完善。
684:44 – 4:46
And keep asking yourself, after you have finished something, how could I have done that better?
并且不断问自己,在你完成某件事之后,我本可以如何做得更好?
694:48 – 4:56
How could I have been more peaceful about this?
我本可以如何对此更平静?
704:56 – 4:59
How could I have made more of this task?
我本可以如何更好地利用这项任务?
714:59 – 5:02
How could I have enjoyed it more?
我本可以如何更享受它?
725:02 – 5:04
And where does this lead to next? Make
这接下来会通向哪里?让
735:05 – 5:10
it a pleasure, my friend,
把它变成一种乐趣,我的朋友。
745:10 – 5:13
to dance that dance of life and don't let it
去跳那支生命之舞,不要让它
755:14 – 5:19
oppress you.
压迫你。
765:20 – 5:21
Never let your life
永远不要让你的生活
775:22 – 5:24
or the other people in this world oppress you.
或这个世界上的其他人压迫你。
785:25 – 5:29
Life is yours.
生活是你的。
795:32 – 5:33
It is yours, but you have let it be stolen away from you.
它是你的,但你却让它从你身边被偷走了。
805:35 – 5:40
So take it back. Okay? No more pressure.
所以收回它。好吗?不再有压力。
815:41 – 5:45
No more oppression.
不再有压迫。
825:46 – 5:47
No more emergencies.
不再有紧急情况。
835:48 – 5:50
No more urgency.
不再有紧迫感。
845:50 – 5:51
Just you creating
只有你在创造
855:52 – 5:54
the best life for you, my friend.
对你来说最好的生活,我的朋友。
865:55 – 5:59
And only you know how that should be lived.
只有你知道那应该怎样度过。
876:00 – 6:04
Take care with that and enjoy it.
谨慎对待这一点,并享受它。
886:05 – 6:08