EchoLingo第 148 期
0/162
录音

播放开始以显示句子

You need to change.
你需要改变。
10:00 – 0:01
I need to change.
我需要改变。
20:02 – 0:02
Man, I have been feeling like I have been on a treadmill
老兄,我一直感觉自己就像在跑步机上一样。
30:03 – 0:06
and I haven't moved at all.
而我根本没有前进。
40:06 – 0:08
And it's because fear has kept me back, but more importantly, it's been
这是因为恐惧一直在拖我的后腿,但更重要的是,
50:08 – 0:12
my own self, I've been getting in my
真正挡住我的其实是我自己;
60:14 – 0:15
own way and I've been living my life through a mindset of scarcity and
我一直在给自己使绊子,也一直带着一种稀缺感生活,
70:15 – 0:19
through a mindset of what if I
还带着一种万一我
80:19 – 0:21
lose it all?
失去一切怎么办的心态。
90:21 – 0:21
I'm sure you know this mindset very well.
我相信你非常了解这种心态。
100:22 – 0:24
The idea, well,
这个想法,嗯。
110:25 – 0:26
if I leave this person that's treating me terribly in this relationship,
如果我离开这个在这段关系中对我很糟糕的人。
120:26 – 0:29
what if I never find somebody?
如果我永远找不到别人怎么办?
130:29 – 0:31
Well, if I decide to move somewhere, what about all the friends that I already have?
嗯,如果我决定搬到某个地方,那我已有的朋友们怎么办?
140:31 – 0:35
If I decide to take a chance on myself, what if it doesn't work out?
如果我决定为自己冒一次险,但结果不成功怎么办?
150:35 – 0:39
The what ifs are ruining
那些假设正在毁掉
160:39 – 0:41
everything in your life? Mine as well.
你生活中的一切?我的也是。
170:42 – 0:45
And I'll tell you something.
我要告诉你一件事。
180:46 – 0:47
This fear of failure, it's not something that goes away.
这种对失败的恐惧,它不会消失。
190:48 – 0:52
Unless you start to oppose it.
除非你开始对抗它。
200:53 – 0:55
Unless you tell yourself, you know what?
除非你告诉自己:你知道吗?
210:56 – 0:58
So what if I fail?
就算我失败了,那又怎样?
220:59 – 1:00
So what if it doesn't work out?
就算结果不顺利,那又怎样?
231:00 – 1:02
So what if I don't like it?
就算我不喜欢它,那又怎样?
241:02 – 1:04
I'd rather know than not.
我宁愿知道,也不愿不知道。
251:05 – 1:06
But it's so much easier in our minds to talk
但在我们的脑海里,说服自己放弃这些事情要容易得多
261:07 – 1:11
ourselves out of these things and to fall in this hole
说服自己放弃这些事,然后掉进自满的坑里
271:11 – 1:15
of complacency, and I just want to tell you: you don't need to stay there.
我只想告诉你:你不需要待在那个地方。
281:15 – 1:19
I'm sorry if somebody made you think
如果有人让你觉得
291:21 – 1:22
that you were never good enough.
你永远都不够好。
301:23 – 1:25
And I'm sorry if your brain is making you think
如果你的大脑让你觉得自己是个失败者,我很抱歉。
311:25 – 1:28
that you are some kind of loser and that you don't
你是个失败者,而且你不应该改变。
321:28 – 1:31
deserve to change and that people will look at you differently if you do,
值得改变,而且如果你改变了,人们会用不同的眼光看你。
331:31 – 1:35
but I promise you that no one will.
但我向你保证,没有人会这样。
341:35 – 1:37
In fact, you will be noticed by the people that you want in your life when you do.
事实上,当你改变时,你会被你生命中想要的人注意到。
351:38 – 1:42
What does this change look like?
这种变化看起来是什么样的?
361:42 – 1:44
I think, for me right now, my judgment is clouded.
我认为,就目前而言,我的判断力受到了影响。
371:46 – 1:50
It feels like I am just in the waves, kind of going around
感觉就像我身处波涛之中,四处漂泊
381:51 – 1:56
and I'm not able to have some kind of steady water.
而且我无法找到某种平静的水域。
391:56 – 1:59
And I think what's helped me in the past is deliberately giving yourself time and isolation.
我认为过去对我有帮助的是刻意给自己时间和独处。
402:00 – 2:07
Picking a period of your life.
选择你生命中的一段时期。
412:07 – 2:09
Maybe it's a week.
也许是一周。
422:09 – 2:10
Maybe it's a month.
也许是一个月。
432:11 – 2:12
For some of us, it's been even a year.
对我们中的一些人来说,甚至已经是一年了。
442:13 – 2:14
I took a year of just being alone.
我花了一整年时间独自一人。
452:15 – 2:17
And listening to what my inner dialogue was telling me, my gut, my intuition.
倾听我的内心对话告诉我的,我的直觉,我的本能。
462:18 – 2:23
And it's funny because
这很有趣。
472:24 – 2:24
right now I kind of feel disconnected from my intuition because
现在我感觉与我的直觉有些脱节。
482:25 – 2:28
I have fallen in this complacency.
我已经陷入了这种自满之中。
492:28 – 2:30
And your intuition comes to life really when you challenge your beliefs,
而你的直觉真正活跃起来是在你挑战自己的信念时。
502:30 – 2:34
yourself, and you find other people that are on
你自己,然后你找到其他处于
512:34 – 2:37
the same path as you.
与你相同道路上的人。
522:37 – 2:38
But that does not happen unless you do the work.
但除非你付出努力,否则这不会发生。
532:38 – 2:42
The work looks like
这项工作看起来像是
542:43 – 2:44
questioning what you want,
质疑你想要什么。
552:46 – 2:48
questioning what feels right and what you actually need
质疑什么感觉是对的以及你实际需要什么
562:49 – 2:53
because those are two different things.
因为这是两件不同的事情。
572:54 – 2:55
What might feel right
可能感觉对的事情
582:56 – 2:57
is chilling out on the beach all day and not addressing the fact that you've gained some weight,
是一整天在海滩上放松,而不去处理你体重增加的事实。
592:58 – 3:04
that you have
你有的
603:05 – 3:06
not been good to yourself, that you've actually been very distant from your partner, and they're noticing.
你对自己不好,实际上你一直对伴侣很疏远,他们注意到了。
613:06 – 3:13
And maybe it's the fact that you've been avoiding
也许事实是你一直在回避
623:15 – 3:17
a lot of the problems in your life because you don't think
生活中的很多问题,因为你不认为
633:18 – 3:20
you can fix them.
你能解决它们。
643:20 – 3:21
When in reality, you absolutely can.
而实际上,你完全能做到。
653:21 – 3:23
It takes time.
这需要时间。
663:25 – 3:26
And I think what has helped me a lot is deliberately taking that isolated time and doing me.
我认为对我帮助很大的是刻意抽出那段独处的时间,做我自己。
673:27 – 3:35
When people say, I'ma do me.
当人们说“我要做我自己”时,
683:36 – 3:37
What does that mean?
这到底是什么意思?
693:38 – 3:38
It means taking care of yourself as if you were another person.
这意味着像对待另一个人一样照顾自己。
703:40 – 3:42
It means going on walks, listening to good music, giving your brain kind of this empty canvas to paint on.
这意味着去散步、听好音乐,给你的大脑一种空白的画布去描绘。
713:43 – 3:50
And sometimes it won't want to paint, it will want to write and allowing yourself to write.
有时它不想画,它想写,并且允许自己去写。
723:50 – 3:54
I did this a lot.
我经常这样做。
733:55 – 3:56
I probably would journal every single day
我可能每天都会写日记
743:57 – 4:00
in a time period where I really didn't feel good about myself and also not taking things so seriously.
在一个我对自己感觉真的很不好的时期,并且也不把事情看得那么严重。
754:01 – 4:08
You don't have your stuff together right now, right?
你现在还没把自己的事情处理好,对吧?
764:10 – 4:12
You feel like you're behind the ball.
你觉得自己落后了。
774:12 – 4:14
You feel like everyone except you is excelling in life.
你觉得除了你之外,每个人在生活中都表现出色。
784:14 – 4:16
No, they're not, bro. No, they're not.
不,他们不是,兄弟。不,他们不是。
794:16 – 4:19
People are just acting on things.
人们只是在根据情况行事。
804:21 – 4:23
But right now, you can't think in action.
但现在,你无法在行动中思考。
814:24 – 4:26
You need to think about what is blocking you.
你需要思考是什么在阻碍你。
824:26 – 4:31
Why are you so quick
你为什么如此迅速
834:33 – 4:34
to beat yourself up for wanting to try something new?
因为想尝试新事物而责备自己?
844:35 – 4:38
What is causing that?
是什么导致了那一切?
854:38 – 4:39
Why are you so quick to dismiss that idea you have for a really cool video?
你为什么这么快就否定了你那个关于制作一个超酷视频的想法?
864:39 – 4:44
What is stopping that? Why are you not letting yourself make music and create art?
是什么阻止了这件事?你为什么不允许自己创作音乐和艺术?
874:44 – 4:48
Why are you not letting yourself study for exams you know that are important?
你为什么不允许自己为那些你知道很重要的考试而学习?
884:49 – 4:52
And instead, you're using your time to stay up late. Why?
相反,你却把时间用来熬夜。为什么?
894:52 – 4:57
If you don't get to the root of this,
如果你不找到这个问题的根源。
905:00 – 5:01
you will spend your entire life trying to patch up the symptoms.
你将花费一生试图修补这些症状。
915:02 – 5:06
And I have been so good at finding things that patch up the symptoms of my life. Oh.
而且我非常擅长找到那些能修补我生活症状的东西。哦。
925:06 – 5:12
Well, I'm not comfortable with how I look.
嗯,我对自己的外表感到不舒服。
935:13 – 5:14
Maybe a new hoodie is gonna solve that. Oh, I'm really
也许一件新连帽衫就能解决这个问题。哦,我真的很
945:14 – 5:18
upset that I went to bed late.
因为晚睡而感到难过。
955:19 – 5:20
Well, if I have some pizza first thing in the morning, it'll make me feel better about myself.
嗯,如果我早上第一件事就是吃些披萨,那会让我自我感觉更好。
965:20 – 5:24
These are just small fixes.
这些只是小修小补。
975:25 – 5:27
And really what a lot of us struggle with and myself included is
而实际上,我们很多人——包括我自己——所挣扎的是
985:27 – 5:31
we don't have the character
我们没有那种品格
995:35 – 5:36
to look back on and reference in order to tell ourselves we're gonna be okay.
去回顾和参考,以便告诉自己我们会没事的。
1005:36 – 5:42
We've instead let ourselves kind of live in this limbo.
我们反而让自己活在一种不确定的状态中。
1015:44 – 5:46
Instead of having systems, instead of having routine,
我们没有建立体系,也没有建立常规流程。
1025:47 – 5:51
that we know we can fall back on and be like, hey,
我们知道可以依赖的(体系或常规),然后说,嘿。
1035:52 – 5:54
I know my life is crazy right now.
我知道我的生活现在一团糟。
1045:54 – 5:56
I know that it's unpredictable.
我知道它难以预测。
1055:56 – 5:58
I know that I am feeling really conflicted about my relationships.
我知道我对自己的感情关系感到非常矛盾。
1065:58 – 6:01
I'm feeling really conflicted about where I live, where I'm visiting.
我对自己住的地方、去的地方感到非常矛盾。
1076:01 – 6:04
The fact that I go home, I don't even feel like I'm at home, but you know what?
事实上,我回家时甚至不觉得自己在家,但你知道吗?
1086:05 – 6:09
I know that I have some things that I can do every day.
我知道我每天都有一些可以做的事情。
1096:09 – 6:12
at least make me feel a little bit like me.
至少让我感觉有点像自己。
1106:13 – 6:15
I've also just been such a terrible
我也一直是一个糟糕的
1116:18 – 6:20
parent to myself.
对自己而言的父母。
1126:20 – 6:21
You have to have this relationship with your inner child.
你必须与你的内在小孩建立这种关系。
1136:22 – 6:25
And it's really difficult when you want your inner kid to be happy.
当你希望你的内在小孩快乐时,这真的很难。
1146:25 – 6:29
And their happiness is not in productivity.
而他们的快乐不在于生产力。
1156:31 – 6:34
And you've built your
你已经建立了你的
1166:35 – 6:35
identity around maybe going to the gym every day, maybe being really
身份认同围绕着也许每天去健身房,也许非常
1176:36 – 6:40
in tune with your craft
与你的技艺协调一致
1186:41 – 6:42
and your work.
和你的工作。
1196:42 – 6:43
And what if your inner child is like rebelling against that? And they don't want to do that.
如果你的内在小孩在反抗那个呢?他们不想那样做。
1206:45 – 6:50
And they actually want to go and play a sport.
而且他们实际上想去运动。
1216:50 – 6:53
They want to go swim.
他们想去游泳。
1226:54 – 6:55
They want to go have a smoothie.
他们想去喝杯冰沙。
1236:56 – 6:57
You know, I used to get smoothies from McDonald's
你知道吗,我以前常从麦当劳买冰沙。
1246:58 – 7:01
when my mom would take me to school in the mornings.
当我妈妈早上送我去学校的时候。
1257:01 – 7:03
Sometimes she didn't have enough time to make breakfast.
有时候她没有足够的时间做早餐。
1267:03 – 7:05
And that was always my go to. And I love the mango smoothie they had.
那总是我的首选。而且我喜欢他们那里的芒果冰沙。
1277:05 – 7:09
Oh man, it was probably like juice and ice.
哦天哪,它大概就是果汁和冰。
1287:09 – 7:11
But for like an 11 year old, it was heaven.
但对于一个11岁的孩子来说,那简直是天堂。
1297:11 – 7:14
small things like that.
像那样的小事。
1307:17 – 7:19
You deprive your inner child of having.
你剥夺了你内心小孩的拥有权。
1317:21 – 7:23
And instead you make them slave away.
相反,你让他们像奴隶一样辛苦工作。
1327:24 – 7:25
And instead you then question, why am I unhappy?
相反,你随后又质疑,为什么我不快乐?
1337:26 – 7:29
You don't give yourself the freedom to be happy.
你没有给自己快乐的权利。
1347:29 – 7:31
You have to set time for yourself.
你必须为自己留出时间。
1357:35 – 7:38
You have to. It's something I'm learning this year.
你必须这样做。这是我今年正在学习的事情。
1367:38 – 7:40
It's been so difficult.
这太难了。
1377:40 – 7:41
I am one of the worst time managers I know.
我是我所认识的最差的时间管理者之一。
1387:41 – 7:44
But it is a choice because part of me doesn't think I deserve the time.
但这是一个选择,因为我内心有一部分认为我不配拥有时间。
1397:45 – 7:52
I say, well, what's the point in me having time if it's going to get squandered?
我说,好吧,如果时间会被浪费掉,那我拥有时间还有什么意义呢?
1407:55 – 8:00
A really bad mindset comes over because
一种非常糟糕的心态会袭来。
1418:00 – 8:03
maybe I don't feel like I'm productive enough and I don't work hard enough.
也许我觉得自己不够高效,也不够努力。
1428:03 – 8:07
And therefore, having more free time is a bad thing.
因此,拥有更多的空闲时间是一件坏事。
1438:07 – 8:09
When in reality, it's, it's not.
而实际上,并非如此。
1448:09 – 8:13
It's a blessing.
这是一种福气。
1458:15 – 8:15
And it's something I should cherish.
这是我应该珍惜的东西。
1468:17 – 8:19
My inner child for a while has also been telling me to like
我的内在小孩有一段时间也一直在告诉我,比如
1478:23 – 8:25
go travel to places that I want to go to,
去我想去的地方旅行。
1488:27 – 8:30
not because I have family there, not because I have friends there.
不是因为那里有家人,也不是因为那里有朋友。
1498:31 – 8:33
Be alone.
独自一人。
1508:35 – 8:36
And I, I've been afraid to do that recently. How you doing?
而且我,我最近一直害怕做那件事。你好吗?
1518:37 – 8:40
because I'm afraid that if I step away
因为我害怕如果我走开
1528:43 – 8:46
from my show, from the things that satisfy
从我的节目,从那些让我满足的事情中
1538:47 – 8:52
a part of me that is afraid of not being consistent, being a loser, being someone that's less than,
我内心的一部分害怕不能保持一致,害怕成为一个失败者,害怕成为一个不如别人的人。
1548:52 – 8:58
I'm going
我要去
1558:59 – 9:00
to lose something.
失去某物。
1569:00 – 9:01
And I think this mindset can hold a lot of us back
而且我认为这种心态会阻碍我们很多人。
1579:02 – 9:05
because we begin to look at our lives, not
因为我们开始看待我们的生活,不是
1589:06 – 9:09
through the lens of what we can gain, but always what we can lose.
通过我们能获得什么的视角,而总是我们能失去什么。
1599:09 – 9:12
And this scarcity, it drains your cortisol. It really does.
而这种匮乏感,它会消耗你的皮质醇。确实如此。
1609:13 – 9:17
It makes you feel like everything is, you know, now or never.
它让你觉得一切,你知道的,要么现在做,要么永远不做。
1619:17 – 9:23
You're all in or you're not in.
你要么全力以赴,要么就不参与。
1629:23 – 9:25