EchoLingo第 152 期
0/126
录音

播放开始以显示句子

Learn to say no and put yourself first.
学会拒绝,把自己放在第一位。
10:00 – 0:03
Because right now we need to be focused.
因为现在我们需要集中注意力。
20:05 – 0:06
We are on the path to embodying our full potential in my embodying spirit.
我们正走在实现全部潜能的道路上,以我体现的精神。
30:08 – 0:12
And in order to get there we must be mentally sharp and calculated.
为了达到那个目标,我们必须思维敏锐且行事周密。
40:13 – 0:17
We need to play this smart because there's not a lot of margin for error my friend.
我们需要明智地行事,因为我的朋友,容错空间不多了。
50:19 – 0:22
And so when your friends actually go out and party and drink, say no.
所以当你的朋友真的出去聚会喝酒时,要说“不”。
60:24 – 0:28
When your boss or work asks for an extra favor, say no.
当你的老板或工作请求额外帮忙时,要说“不”。
70:30 – 0:35
When it allows the opportunity follows in your lap and
当机会自动送上门来,而
80:37 – 0:39
it doesn't really align with what you need to be doing,
它并不真正符合你需要做的事情。
90:39 – 0:41
say no.
要说“不”。
100:43 – 0:43
Learn to say no and do not feel bad because saying no is prioritizing you.
学会说“不”,不要感到内疚,因为说“不”是在优先考虑你自己。
110:45 – 0:49
And that is what we need right now.
而这正是我们现在所需要的。
120:50 – 0:52
We need to be prioritizing us.
我们需要优先考虑我们自己。
130:53 – 0:54
So here's your reminder.
所以,这是给你的提醒。
140:55 – 0:56
I recorded that yesterday and I wanted to expand
我昨天录了那个,我想进一步展开。
150:57 – 1:04
on this topic because the more I thought about it, the more I realized that this
关于这个话题,因为我越想它,就越意识到这
161:06 – 1:10
was a very transformational thing
是一件非常有变革性的事情
171:12 – 1:14
in my own personal journey.
在我自己的个人旅程中。
181:14 – 1:15
A lot of the things that I talk about in my videos
我在视频中谈论的很多事情
191:17 – 1:19
are based on personal experience.
都是基于个人经验。
201:20 – 1:21
I ask myself, What would be at the lowest point of my life need to hear
我问自己,在我人生的最低谷,我需要听到什么
211:22 – 1:26
in order to like, you know, sometimes we need that thing.
为了,就像,你知道的,有时候我们需要那个东西。
221:27 – 1:31
There's just like this epiphany moment we have, and it sets us on a new path, a better path.
就像我们有一个顿悟的时刻,它让我们走上一条新的道路,一条更好的道路。
231:32 – 1:38
So when I make these videos,
所以当我制作这些视频时。
241:39 – 1:41
I think what would I need to hear in that moment for that to happen?
我会想,在那一刻我需要听到什么才能让那发生?
251:41 – 1:44
Learning to say no, understanding the importance of being able to say no.
学会说“不”,理解能够说“不”的重要性。
261:45 – 1:50
to other people to things that were not in alignment
对那些与……不一致的人和事
271:52 – 1:56
with my path of personal development
与我个人发展的道路
281:57 – 1:59
of pursuing
追求
292:00 – 2:02
my full capability in mind, body and spirit.
我在思想、身体和精神上的全部能力。
302:02 – 2:05
Learning to say no to that stuff and
学会对那类事情说不。
312:07 – 2:09
say yes to me,
对自己说可以。
322:09 – 2:10
say yes to my priorities,
对我的优先事项说可以。
332:11 – 2:12
say yes to my
对我的……说可以
342:13 – 2:14
daily activities, the things that I was doing on a day to day basis,
日常活动,我每天都在做的事情。
352:14 – 2:17
like going to the gym,
比如去健身房。
362:17 – 2:18
like dedicating
比如投入
372:19 – 2:20
time to my craft.
时间给我的技艺。
382:20 – 2:21
like reading, like meditating, like praying, very foundational things that help us become better people.
比如阅读、冥想、祈祷,这些非常基础的事情帮助我们成为更好的人。
392:23 – 2:29
Saying yes to those things, that was
对这些事情说“是”,那是
402:31 – 2:35
arguably one of one of the most transformational changes that I made
可以说,这是我做出的最具变革性的改变之一。
412:35 – 2:42
in my life.
在我的一生中。
422:43 – 2:44
So I want to take a little bit of time to flesh out the importance of this.
所以我想花一点时间来详细阐述这一点的重要性。
432:44 – 2:48
Every time that you say yes to things that are out of alignment
每次你对那些与你个人发展不一致的事情说“是”时,
442:49 – 2:52
with your personal development of this path that you have chosen,
与你选择的这条道路的个人发展相悖时。
452:53 – 2:57
you're sacrificing time away
你正在牺牲时间
462:59 – 3:02
from you.
远离你自己。
473:02 – 3:03
at the end of the day.
最终。
483:07 – 3:07
And really, if our purpose in life is to pursue our full capability in mind, body and spirit,
实际上,如果我们人生的目的是追求心智、身体和精神上的全部潜能。
493:09 – 3:17
that
那
503:20 – 3:20
version of ourselves, that
我们自己的版本,那个
513:20 – 3:23
fullest capability, the full embodiment of those things of our greatest version
最充分的能力,那些我们最伟大版本的事物的完整体现
523:24 – 3:29
of ourselves, that person is not this foreign thing.
我们自己,那个人并不是这个陌生的东西。
533:29 – 3:37
It's not something that we're chasing outside of us, but it is rather a
它不是我们在外面追逐的东西,而是一个
543:37 – 3:42
more clear reflection of
更清晰的反映
553:44 – 3:47
the energy, the identity that we already possess within us.
我们已经内在拥有的能量和身份。
563:49 – 3:52
So really our purpose in life is to get to know who we are as people,
所以实际上,我们人生的目的是去了解作为人的自己是谁。
573:56 – 3:59
understand what we are, so that we can do things that
理解我们是什么,这样我们才能做那些
584:00 – 4:04
align with us, truly align with us,
与我们一致,真正与我们一致。
594:05 – 4:07
be it activities, habits, passions, people,
无论是活动、习惯、热情还是人。
604:08 – 4:12
many things that come into our life.
许多进入我们生活的事物。
614:13 – 4:15
It's important that we're able to discern what is for us and what is not for us.
重要的是我们能够辨别什么对我们有益,什么对我们无益。
624:16 – 4:19
Every time you say yes to things that are distractions that are noise that is
每次你对那些是干扰、是噪音的事物说“是”时,
634:21 – 4:25
things that are pulling you away, pulling you out there,
那些把你拉走、把你拉到外面去的事物。
644:26 – 4:29
you are sacrificing time that you could be spending doing that,
你正在牺牲本可以用来做那件事的时间。
654:29 – 4:32
getting to know yourself.
了解你自己。
664:33 – 4:34
You are sacrificing time that you could be spending
你正在牺牲本可以用来做其他事情的时间。
674:34 – 4:37
developing your skills, improving your weaknesses.
发展你的技能,改进你的弱点。
684:37 – 4:40
If you are someone who lacks in communication,
如果你是一个在沟通方面有所欠缺的人。
694:41 – 4:44
I get a lot of people that message me about how to improve
我收到很多人给我发消息询问如何提高。
704:46 – 4:48
in their vocabulary.
在他们的词汇中。
714:48 – 4:49
what to do to become smarter, more knowledgeable, what to do to become more outgoing, more charismatic.
做什么才能变得更聪明、更有知识,做什么才能变得更外向、更有魅力。
724:51 – 4:58
These are things that we need to be working on now.
这些是我们现在需要努力的事情。
734:59 – 5:00
My friend, this is a growth stage in your life.
我的朋友,这是你生命中的一个成长阶段。
745:01 – 5:03
And this is a crucial point, because this is the turning point, really.
这是一个关键点,因为这真的是转折点。
755:05 – 5:10
I mean, this is the fork in the road.
我的意思是,这就是人生的岔路口。
765:10 – 5:11
Choose yourself.
选择你自己。
775:13 – 5:14
Now, sometimes it's not just as easy as saying, no.
有时候,事情并不像说一句“不”那么简单。
785:15 – 5:18
Sometimes there is a weight that we carry with us.
有时候,我们背负着一种重担。
795:19 – 5:22
That makes it hard to make that decision.
这使得做出那个决定变得困难。
805:23 – 5:26
When our emotions or we let the way we feel dictate
当我们的情绪或我们让感觉支配
815:27 – 5:31
our decisions, yeah, it can be pretty difficult to say
我们的决定,是的,可能很难说
825:32 – 5:35
now. Sometimes.
现在。有时候。
835:35 – 5:36
But a lot of the time,
但很多时候。
845:37 – 5:38
when our reason for saying yes to things that we know we shouldn't
当我们对明知不该答应的事情说好的理由
855:40 – 5:46
be doing, It's in an effort to please the other person or save the other person or
这样做是为了取悦对方或拯救对方,或者
865:46 – 5:55
people.
人们。
875:55 – 5:55
From feeling bad, we don't want them to feel unwanted or not valued.
因为感到难过,我们不想让他们觉得自己不被需要或不被重视。
885:57 – 6:03
And look, that's a human thing.
你看,这是人之常情。
896:04 – 6:06
As people, most people, if you're not psychotic, your natural instinct is to make other people feel good.
作为人,大多数人,如果你不是精神病患者,你的本能就是让别人感觉良好。
906:07 – 6:14
you want other people to feel cared for, to feel valued.
你希望别人感到被关心、被重视。
916:15 – 6:18
But at the core,
但核心在于。
926:18 – 6:20
what is happening here is
这里正在发生的是
936:21 – 6:22
we're allowing our emotions, our feelings to
我们正在让我们的情绪、我们的感受去
946:23 – 6:27
dictate our life.
支配我们的生活。
956:27 – 6:28
We're letting them take the lead
我们让他们带头。
966:30 – 6:32
and most of the time that it's not a good idea.
而且大多数时候这不是个好主意。
976:34 – 6:37
Now, I'm not saying to become numb, you know, like emotions are good.
现在,我不是说要变得麻木,你知道,情绪是好的。
986:38 – 6:43
I'm not one to be like, be cold. No.
我不是那种会变得冷漠的人。不。
996:43 – 6:47
Emotions are very important.
情绪非常重要。
1006:48 – 6:49
And in fact, they're a vital tool when it comes to being able to make even harder decisions.
事实上,当需要做出更艰难的决定时,它们是一个至关重要的工具。
1016:50 – 6:57
They are our compass.
它们就是我们的指南针。
1026:58 – 6:59
And a lot of times they can tell us things that we don't consciously understand.
很多时候,它们能告诉我们一些我们并未有意识理解的事情。
1037:00 – 7:04
But in this case, in this stage of our lives, we need to be thinking primarily with logic.
但在这种情况下,在我们人生的这个阶段,我们需要主要用逻辑来思考。
1047:05 – 7:13
We need to be going throughout our days
我们需要度过我们的每一天
1057:13 – 7:15
in a sort of pragmatic manner.
以一种务实的方式。
1067:16 – 7:19
Because right now, our path looks like just one foot in front of the other.
因为现在,我们的道路看起来只是一步接着一步。
1077:20 – 7:23
We're not worried about this over here.
我们不担心这边的这个。
1087:24 – 7:26
We're not worried about that over there.
我们不担心那边的那个。
1097:26 – 7:27
We're not worried about what's going to come
我们不担心即将到来的事情。
1107:27 – 7:29
in our near or distant future.
在我们不久的或遥远的未来。
1117:30 – 7:31
We're focused on our daily habits.
我们专注于我们的日常习惯。
1127:33 – 7:35
We're focused on improving 1% every single day.
我们专注于每天进步1%。
1137:35 – 7:39
And that is it.
仅此而已。
1147:39 – 7:40
One step in front of the other.
一步接着一步。
1157:42 – 7:43
And yeah, it's not exactly the most enthralling experience all the time.
而且,是的,这并不总是最令人着迷的经历。
1167:44 – 7:47
But it's what we need to do.
但这是我们需要做的。
1177:48 – 7:51
There's not a lot of room for error in this stage.
在这个阶段没有太多容错空间。
1187:51 – 7:54
We need to be somewhat tunnel vision.
我们需要有点目光狭隘。
1197:56 – 7:59
Of course, it's not good to be too tunnel vision, but we need to be
当然,过于目光狭隘并不好,但我们需要
1207:59 – 8:02
mentally sharp and just dialed in on us on our daily improvements.
思维敏锐,并且全神贯注于我们每天的进步。
1218:03 – 8:09
It's also extremely important to create boundaries.
设定界限也非常重要。
1228:10 – 8:12
Boundaries will help you
界限会帮助你
1238:14 – 8:15
Mentally or like visually, draw a line.
在心理上或像视觉上一样,画一条线。
1248:18 – 8:20
And when something crosses that line, it doesn't matter how we feel about it.
当某件事越过了那条线,我们怎么想就不重要了。
1258:21 – 8:26
And honestly, when something crosses that boundary, you should be confident in your decision.
老实说,当某件事越过了那条界限时,你应该对自己的决定充满信心。
1268:27 – 8:31