EchoLingo第 135 期
0/147
录音

播放开始以显示句子

Hello, I'm Zahar, and I'm a fourth-year medical student studying in the UK.
你好,我是Zahar,在英国学习的一名四年级医学生。
10:00 – 0:04
If you're a bilingual person who's looking for a job with no experience,
如果你是一个没有经验正在找工作的双语人士。
20:05 – 0:09
hopefully you can learn from this and apply
希望你能从中学习并申请
30:09 – 0:11
for the companies I'll be recommending and start earning money.
我推荐的公司,并开始赚钱。
40:11 – 0:15
These are the points we'll go through, so let's go for it.
这些是我们将要讨论的要点,所以让我们开始吧。
50:15 – 0:18
I earn between £2,700 to £3,000 a month.
我每月挣2700到3000英镑。
60:19 – 0:23
This depends on how many hours I work.
这取决于我工作多少小时。
70:23 – 0:25
This is through working as an over-the-furn interpreter for a translation service agency.
这是通过在一家翻译服务机构担任电话口译员实现的。
80:25 – 0:30
Most of my clients around 80% of them are healthcare professionals,
我的大多数客户,其中大约80%是医疗保健专业人士。
90:30 – 0:35
such as doctors, nurses, midwives,
例如医生、护士、助产士。
100:35 – 0:38
caregivers, and the ambulance.
护理人员,以及救护车。
110:38 – 0:40
rest of the 20% of my clients are from metropolitan
我剩下的20%客户来自大都市
120:40 – 0:44
police in the London UK or from FBI in the US
英国伦敦的警察或美国联邦调查局
130:44 – 0:47
and also sometimes I get calls from bank and from gas and electric companies.
而且有时我也会接到来自银行以及燃气和电力公司的电话。
140:47 – 0:52
In summary, my clients and the nature of the calls I translate for can vary a lot.
总之,我的客户以及我翻译的电话的性质可以有很大变化。
150:53 – 0:57
You translate a specific language like Spanish,
你翻译一种特定的语言,比如西班牙语。
161:01 – 1:04
Mandarin, Hindi,
普通话、印地语。
171:04 – 1:05
whichever language you're self and the customer can speak to English.
无论你自己和客户能说英语的哪种语言。
181:06 – 1:10
Then you translate from English back to that language.
然后你从英语翻译回那种语言。
191:10 – 1:14
I thought the best way to explain how over the phone
我认为解释如何在电话上……的最佳方式
201:14 – 1:16
translation works is to show you guys an example of it.
翻译的作用是给你们展示一个例子。
211:16 – 1:19
So I hope you guys appreciate my terrific acting skills.
所以我希望你们欣赏我出色的表演技巧。
221:19 – 1:22
Hello, this is Elia, interpreter ID 00 for Turkish.
你好,我是埃利亚,土耳其语的口译员,编号00。
231:34 – 1:38
This call may be monitored for training and quality assurance purposes.
此通话可能会被监听,用于培训和质保目的。
241:39 – 1:43
Is your customer with you or would you like me to call them for you? Hello, interpreter.
你的客户在你身边吗?还是你希望我帮你给他们打电话?你好,口译员。
251:43 – 1:48
I'm a doctor working in a GP surgery, and I'm here with my patient who's a baby and his dad.
我是一名在全科诊所工作的医生,今天和我的病人——一个婴儿和他的爸爸在一起。
261:48 – 1:54
Could you please ask the dad what's the problem and how can we help him today?
请问你能问一下爸爸,今天有什么问题以及我们如何帮助他吗?
271:54 – 1:58
My son has been having diarrhea for the last three days.
我儿子过去三天一直在腹泻。
282:05 – 2:08
Alright, could you tell me a bit more about this diarrhea?
好的,你能告诉我更多关于这次腹泻的情况吗?
292:09 – 2:11
I genuinely enjoy this job because you get to witness the most real moments of the lives of strangers.
我真心喜欢这份工作,因为你能见证陌生人生活中最真实的时刻。
302:13 – 2:19
You hear about their life stories and it helps you appreciate the difficult and different lives that other people live.
你听到他们的人生故事,这有助于你欣赏他人所经历的艰难和不同的生活。
312:19 – 2:26
And I feel humbled to be able to help them.
并且我感到很谦卑,能够帮助他们。
322:26 – 2:28
On top of that, I own money but I'm in my pajamas and from the comfort of my own home.
除此之外,我赚着钱,却穿着睡衣,在自己舒适的家里。
332:28 – 2:33
Also,
另外。
342:33 – 2:33
if you'd like to see a vlog of how I own money and
如果你想看一个关于我如何赚钱的vlog,并且……
352:33 – 2:36
spend my day as a freelance interpreter,
我作为一名自由职业口译员度过一天。
362:36 – 2:39
you can see that on my channel as well and I'll put the link here.
你也可以在我的频道上看到,我会把链接放在这里。
372:39 – 2:42
This is a common question that
这是一个常见的问题。
382:46 – 2:47
I get asked by family and friends when
我经常被家人和朋友问到,当
392:47 – 2:49
I tell them I work as a
我告诉他们我是一名
402:49 – 2:50
freelance interpreter.
自由职业口译员。
412:50 – 2:52
I get paid for every second that I'm on the call for.
我按通话时长计费,每一秒都有报酬。
422:52 – 2:55
So if I don't receive calls, then I don't get paid.
所以如果我没有接到电话,我就没有收入。
432:55 – 2:58
But most of the time that I'm logged into the interpreter portal, I do receive calls.
但大多数时候,只要我登录口译员平台,我就能接到电话。
442:58 – 3:02
because I get calls from both the US and the UK clients.
因为我接到来自美国和英国客户的电话。
453:03 – 3:06
So if it's night time for the UK and
所以如果英国是夜间。
463:07 – 3:09
there is no translation services to do for them then there is
没有翻译服务需要为他们做,那么就有
473:09 – 3:12
always calls coming from the US because for them it would be daytime and
总是有来自美国的电话,因为对他们来说会是白天。
483:12 – 3:16
they would be in need of translation services.
他们会需要翻译服务。
493:16 – 3:19
mostly between 8am to 6pm I get calls from the UK and
大部分在早上8点到下午6点之间,我会接到来自英国的电话。
503:19 – 3:24
after 6pm I usually get calls from the US.
下午6点后,我通常会接到来自美国的电话。
513:24 – 3:27
This is the online interpreter portal so here each one of these are calls that
这是在线口译员门户网站,所以这里的每一个都是电话。
523:27 – 3:32
I have received that day and
我那天接到的电话。
533:32 – 3:34
the duration of those calls I've shown in seconds.
这些电话的时长我已经用秒显示出来了。
543:34 – 3:37
For example, this call lasted for 6,703 seconds, which would make almost two hours.
例如,这个电话持续了6703秒,这差不多是两个小时。
553:37 – 3:44
How much I get paid is calculated by adding up all these seconds.
我的工资是通过累加所有这些秒数来计算的。
563:45 – 3:49
If you receive a call, you don't have to be actively translating in that call to get paid.
如果你接到一个电话,你不必在通话中积极翻译就能获得报酬。
573:49 – 3:54
For example, if a doctor is examining a patient or taking blood from them,
例如,如果医生正在检查病人或从他们身上抽血。
583:54 – 3:58
and there is nothing to translate during
并且在那段时间里没有什么需要翻译的。
593:58 – 4:00
that time, but I still get paid for the time that I wait for them to finish what they're doing.
但我仍然为我等待他们完成手头工作的时间获得报酬。
604:00 – 4:05
or when
或者当
614:05 – 4:05
a banker puts me on hold to write down some
一个银行家让我等待,以便在他的电脑上记下一些
624:05 – 4:08
notes on his computer then I get paid for
笔记在他的电脑上,然后我因此得到报酬
634:08 – 4:10
that as well.
那个也一样。
644:10 – 4:11
Basically every second that
基本上每一秒
654:11 – 4:12
I'm on the call for I get paid doesn't matter if
我在通话中,因为我得到报酬,不管是否
664:12 – 4:14
I'm back to the translating or not.
我是否回到翻译工作或不是。
674:14 – 4:16
There are so many over the phone translation companies because after COVID hit,
有很多电话翻译公司,因为新冠疫情爆发后。
684:20 – 4:25
as you know, everything moved from face to
如你所知,一切都从面对面转向
694:25 – 4:27
face to over the phone.
面对面到通过电话。
704:27 – 4:28
And it stayed that way even after most of the COVID restrictions have been removed.
即使在大部分新冠限制措施被取消后,情况依然如此。
714:28 – 4:32
And thankfully, finally,
而且,谢天谢地,终于。
724:32 – 4:34
companies started caring more about inclusivity and equal opportunities of people with cultural and language barriers.
公司开始更加关注有文化和语言障碍的人的包容性和平等机会。
734:34 – 4:42
But these are the top three companies I'd suggest you to apply with no experience in translating.
但这是我在没有翻译经验的情况下建议你申请的前三家公司。
744:42 – 4:47
First company that I would recommend, especially if you have no experience at all, is language line solutions.
我推荐的第一家公司,特别是如果你完全没有经验的话,是Language Line Solutions。
754:47 – 4:54
I personally work for them and this is the third biggest language service provider in the world.
我个人为他们工作,这是世界上第三大语言服务提供商。
764:55 – 5:01
And when I first applied,
当我第一次申请时。
775:01 – 5:02
I had no experience in translation at all, other than the unofficial translations that I've been
我完全没有翻译经验,除了我一直在做的非官方翻译。
785:02 – 5:07
doing for my family and friends.
为我的家人和朋友做的。
795:08 – 5:09
I get paid 14 pounds and
我得到14英镑的报酬。
805:10 – 5:11
40 pence per hour and
每小时40便士。
815:12 – 5:13
I've been working under them for the last two years.
过去两年我一直在他们手下工作。
825:13 – 5:16
Also, I'll put the links of these companies in the description box of this video,
另外,我会把这些公司的链接放在这个视频的描述框里。
835:16 – 5:20
so if you want to see
所以如果你想看
845:20 – 5:20
that, you can check that out.
那个,你可以去看看。
855:20 – 5:22
Second company that you can have.
你可以拥有的第二家公司。
865:22 – 5:23
Life 4 is language empire.
生活4是语言帝国。
875:23 – 5:25
This is a company that does face-to-face translation services, so it's not over the phone.
这是一家提供面对面翻译服务的公司,所以不是通过电话进行的。
885:26 – 5:30
But this company is the easiest one to get into in my opinion because
但在我看来,这家公司是最容易进入的。
895:30 – 5:34
both myself and my friend, who had
我和我的朋友,他曾经
905:34 – 5:36
no experience in translating at all, applied to this place and got the job offer.
完全没有翻译经验,申请了这家公司并得到了工作机会。
915:36 – 5:41
So it's definitely worth a try.
所以这绝对值得一试。
925:41 – 5:43
As this company does face-to-face translations,
由于这家公司做面对面翻译。
935:43 – 5:45
you'd need to travel to the place that your translation service is required, but the
你需要前往需要翻译服务的地点,但是
945:45 – 5:49
travel costs are paid for.
差旅费是报销的。
955:50 – 5:51
The hourly rate for this is 14 pounds, so 40 pounds lower than the previous company.
这的时薪是14英镑,比之前的公司低了40英镑。
965:51 – 5:57
Also, when I researched them, the employee reviews and employee satisfaction weren't great.
另外,当我研究他们时,员工评价和员工满意度都不太好。
975:57 – 6:02
But I'm not sure how accurate this is because even though I got the job offer,
但我不确定这有多准确,因为尽管我得到了工作邀请。
986:02 – 6:06
I've never actually worked for
我实际上从未为
996:06 – 6:07
them as I prefer working from home.
他们工作过,因为我更喜欢在家工作。
1006:07 – 6:09
Third company is TransPerfect.
第三家公司是TransPerfect。
1016:09 – 6:11
This is the biggest language service provider in the world.
这是世界上最大的语言服务提供商。
1026:11 – 6:15
Professional proficiency in over the phone consecutive interpretation is required.
需要具备电话连续传译的专业熟练度。
1036:15 – 6:20
So I assume they're not as big and friendly as the first company which
所以我假设它们不像第一家公司那样规模大且友好,这家公司
1046:22 – 6:25
was LanguageLine because on the LanguageLine's website
是LanguageLine,因为在LanguageLine的网站上
1056:25 – 6:28
this qualification is only preferred, not required.
这个资格只是优先考虑,并非必需。
1066:28 – 6:32
According to Glassdoor, this company also pays 1440 to their employees.
根据Glassdoor的数据,这家公司还向员工支付1440美元。
1076:32 – 6:37
There are three stages in the application process that you'll be required to pass to get the job offer.
申请流程中有三个阶段你需要通过才能获得工作邀请。
1086:41 – 6:46
First one is an obvious one uploading your CV.
第一个很明显是上传你的简历。
1096:47 – 6:49
Second one is interview and the third one is short translation test.
第二个是面试,第三个是简短的翻译测试。
1106:50 – 6:54
For the first stage which is uploading your CV,
对于第一个阶段,也就是上传你的简历。
1116:54 – 6:56
my top tip would be to look at the skills they're looking
我的首要建议是看看他们正在寻找的技能
1126:57 – 7:00
for in the job description.
在工作描述中。
1137:00 – 7:01
and add those to your CV to prove that you have those skills and
并将这些添加到你的简历中,以证明你拥有这些技能。
1147:01 – 7:05
relate those at least one of your
将这些与你至少一个(经历)联系起来
1157:05 – 7:07
past experiences.
过去的经历。
1167:07 – 7:08
This doesn't have to be a job experience.
这不一定非得是工作经历。
1177:08 – 7:10
It can be an experience you acquired from your university or from your school.
它可以是你从大学或学校获得的经历。
1187:10 – 7:14
I took a module called Fundamental Skills for Scientists.
我修了一门名为《科学家基本技能》的课程。
1197:14 – 7:17
And in that module, we had to send a CV for a specific job that they assigned us.
在那门课程中,我们必须为他们分配的一个特定职位发送简历。
1207:17 – 7:22
And I scored 100 out of 100 in that assignment.
在那项作业中,我得了满分100分。
1217:22 – 7:25
And the tip that I've just given you probably helps me a lot to get that full mark.
我刚才给你的建议可能对我获得满分有很大帮助。
1227:25 – 7:29
Second stage is the interview.
第二阶段是面试。
1237:29 – 7:31
My top tip for this would be definitely just proving them that
对此,我最重要的建议就是向他们证明
1247:31 – 7:35
you know about the importance of confidentiality of your
你了解保密的重要性
1257:35 – 7:38
customers and of your clients.
你的客户和你的委托人的。
1267:38 – 7:39
And that you're confident you won't let any confidentiality breach to happen because of a mistake that you do.
并且你确信你不会因为自己犯的错误而导致任何保密信息泄露。
1277:40 – 7:45
Because in the course that you'll be translating personal and financial information will be discussed.
因为在课程中,你将翻译个人和财务信息,这些信息会被讨论。
1287:45 – 7:50
So you need to show them that you know how to protect that
所以你需要向他们展示你知道如何保护这些信息。
1297:50 – 7:53
information and how to get rid of that
信息以及如何清除这些信息。
1307:53 – 7:55
information safely.
安全地处理信息。
1317:55 – 7:56
For example, by practicing clean desk policy and by not speaking about the conversations you translated to anyone,
例如,通过实行整洁桌面政策,以及不向任何人谈论你翻译过的对话。
1327:56 – 8:03
because confidentiality breaches
因为保密性违规
1338:03 – 8:04
cost millions of dollars to these companies.
给这些公司造成了数百万美元的损失。
1348:04 – 8:07
And to refresh your knowledge on confidentiality, you need to complete a yearly compliance training on their learning portal.
为了更新你对保密性的知识,你需要在他们的学习门户上完成年度合规培训。
1358:07 – 8:13
Third stage is the short translation test.
第三阶段是简短翻译测试。
1368:14 – 8:16
If you've come to this state, well done.
如果你已经达到了这个阶段,做得好。
1378:17 – 8:18
This is the easiest stage to pass in my opinion because here,
在我看来,这是最容易通过的阶段,因为在这里。
1388:19 – 8:22
they only test if you actually speak the language
他们只测试你是否真的会说这种语言
1398:22 – 8:25
that you claim to do.
你声称会说的那种语言。
1408:25 – 8:26
Before this test, they send you a list of around 300 key terms that could come up during your assessment.
在这次测试之前,他们会给你一份大约300个关键术语的列表,这些术语可能会在评估中出现。
1418:26 – 8:32
These are mostly medical and financial terms.
这些大多是医学术语和金融术语。
1428:32 – 8:35
So my top tip would be for you to familiarize yourself with those terms.
所以我的首要建议是让你熟悉这些术语。
1438:35 – 8:39
So that's basically it.
基本上就是这样。
1448:39 – 8:40
I hope this was useful.
我希望这很有用。
1458:40 – 8:41
Consider subscribing and I'll see you in the next one.
考虑订阅一下,我们下期见。
1468:42 – 8:44
Okay, okay baby
好的,好的,宝贝。
1478:50 – 8:52