EchoLingo第 150 期
0/163
录音

播放开始以显示句子

You know when you wake up from a really good dream
你知道当你从一个非常好的梦中醒来时
10:00 – 0:03
and you keep forcing yourself to go back to sleep because you don't want it to end?
并且你一直强迫自己回去睡觉,因为你不希望它结束?
20:03 – 0:07
That's where you are right now.
你现在就处于那种状态。
30:09 – 0:10
You're grasping onto this false reality that you've created in order to save yourself from the truth,
你紧紧抓住这个你为了逃避真相而创造的虚假现实。
40:11 – 0:15
and the truth is
而真相是
50:16 – 0:16
you have two options.
你有两个选择。
60:16 – 0:17
You can either live a life of stagnation
你可以选择过一种停滞不前的生活,
70:18 – 0:20
of under-achievement and of normalcy,
一种成就不足和平庸的生活。
80:21 – 0:24
or you can choose to live a life of fulfillment and of purpose, and
或者你可以选择过一种充实、有目标、
90:25 – 0:31
of righteousness. It's scary.
和正直的生活。这很可怕。
100:31 – 0:33
It's a daunting decision to make.
这是一个令人望而生畏的决定。
110:34 – 0:36
And you may say, well,
你可能会说,嗯。
120:36 – 0:37
if it was as easy as making a decision, no one would actually choose to live
如果做决定那么容易,没有人会选择过
130:38 – 0:42
a life of stagnation.
停滞不前的生活。
140:43 – 0:44
But most of us choose to live a life of stagnation each and every day.
但我们大多数人每天都选择过着停滞不前的生活。
150:44 – 0:49
The reason that we're okay with it is because we continue to distract ourselves just enough
我们之所以能接受它,是因为我们不断分散自己的注意力,刚好到一定程度
160:50 – 0:54
to remain naive to the decision that we're making.
以便对我们正在做的决定保持天真无知。
170:56 – 0:58
The days passed by and
日子一天天过去。
181:00 – 1:01
every once in a while, you have a realization and it pops into your
偶尔,你会有一个领悟,它突然出现在你的
191:03 – 1:09
mind again like, wait, what am I doing with my life?
脑海里,比如,等等,我到底在做什么?
201:09 – 1:11
You know those like, like the 2AM, that 2AM motivation that people talk about? That's what that is.
你知道那种,就像凌晨两点的,人们谈论的那种凌晨两点的动力吗?那就是它。
211:12 – 1:19
There's something deep in your subconscious that is saying
你的潜意识深处有什么东西在说
221:21 – 1:24
something is seriously wrong.
有些事情严重不对劲。
231:25 – 1:26
The reason that you're not experiencing that enough to actually change anything is because you continue to distract yourself.
你没有足够地体验到那种感觉以至于真正改变任何事情的原因,是因为你不断地分散自己的注意力。
241:27 – 1:33
We live in a world full of distractions.
我们生活在一个充满干扰的世界里。
251:34 – 1:37
I mean, just at our fingertips, we have
我的意思是,只要动动指尖,我们就能接触到
261:37 – 1:40
access to the world.
整个世界。
271:41 – 1:42
The most entertaining and captivating content that exists on planet Earth
地球上最具娱乐性、最吸引人的内容
281:43 – 1:48
at any moment of the day.
在一天中的任何时刻。
291:49 – 1:50
So it's hard not to distract yourself.
所以很难不让自己分心。
301:52 – 1:54
That's why it's the harder decision to make.
这就是为什么它是更难做出的决定。
311:55 – 1:57
The struggle that you endure comes later
你所承受的挣扎会在之后到来。
321:58 – 2:01
when you choose to live a life of stagnation.
当你选择过一种停滞不前的生活时。
332:01 – 2:03
Because being distracted is comfortable.
因为分心是舒适的。
342:04 – 2:06
You know, as they say, ignorance is bliss.
你知道,正如他们所说,无知是福。
352:08 – 2:09
But there is one day
但有一天
362:12 – 2:13
when your time starts to run out that exists within the future, where you can no
当你的时间开始流逝,那存在于未来,你再也无法
372:14 – 2:20
longer be ignorant to the fact that you've wasted your life.
继续对浪费生命的事实视而不见。
382:20 – 2:22
That is the day I do not wish on my worst enemy.
那是我连最坏的敌人都不希望其经历的一天。
392:26 – 2:27
Let me say, okay, that makes sense.
让我说,好吧,这说得通。
402:28 – 2:30
But how do I actually choose to live a life of fulfillment and of purpose and of righteousness?
但我究竟该如何选择过一种充满成就感、有目标且正直的生活呢?
412:30 – 2:36
Anytime I try to make an effort to actually go on that path, I experience
每当我试着努力真正走上那条路时,我都会经历
422:38 – 2:41
failure and I run into dead ends and I,
失败,我陷入死胡同,我。
432:42 – 2:44
I, I, I embarrass myself and I get disappointed and I get
我,我,我让自己难堪,我感到失望,我变得
442:45 – 2:48
discouraged and nothing ever feels like it works and then I just give up and
气馁,感觉一切都不顺利,然后我就放弃了。
452:48 – 2:52
then it's just like a never-ending cycle.
然后它就像一个永无止境的循环。
462:52 – 2:54
So it feels like I can't even actually make that decision.
所以感觉我甚至无法真正做出那个决定。
472:54 – 2:57
And that's fair.
这很公平。
483:01 – 3:01
That's why most people, that's why I think everybody, has a hard time actually going on this path.
这就是为什么大多数人,我认为每个人,都很难真正走上这条路。
493:02 – 3:09
It's difficult.
这很困难。
503:10 – 3:11
It takes a lot of patience, mental integrity, exposure to failure
这需要大量的耐心、心理韧性、面对失败的勇气
513:12 – 3:19
and disappointment and embarrassment.
以及失望和尴尬。
523:19 – 3:22
And I-told-you-so's and uncertainty.
还有“我早就告诉过你”的嘲讽和不确定性。
533:23 – 3:28
And it's also a path that never truly ends.
而且这也是一条永无止境的道路。
543:32 – 3:35
Our purpose, our sole purpose as human beings
我们的目标,我们作为人类的唯一目标
553:36 – 3:38
is to reach our full capability in mind, body and spirit.
是在思想、身体和精神上达到我们的全部能力。
563:39 – 3:43
There will never be a day that you just simply wake up and go, I've reached my full potential.
永远不会有那么一天,你只是简单地醒来然后说,我已经达到了我的全部潜力。
573:44 – 3:48
It doesn't exist.
它不存在。
583:50 – 3:50
So not only do you have to experience immense
所以,你不仅要经历巨大的
593:53 – 3:56
struggle and pressure of accountability and failure and
挣扎和问责与失败的压力,以及
603:57 – 4:02
disappointment But it actually never ends.
失望,但实际上它永远不会结束。
614:03 – 4:06
You see, when you actually think about it, it's a harder decision to make than it seems.
你看,当你真正思考时,这比看起来更难做出决定。
624:12 – 4:15
But I'm going to tell you why it's actually worth it.
但我要告诉你为什么它实际上是值得的。
634:16 – 4:20
Why it is actually worth
为什么它实际上是值得的
644:20 – 4:22
waking up from this false reality, this false dream that you've painted in your head,
从你脑海中描绘的这个虚假现实、这个虚假梦境中醒来。
654:23 – 4:27
that everything's okay and things will
一切都会好起来的,事情会
664:28 – 4:32
just figure themselves out eventually.
最终会自己解决。
674:32 – 4:33
your first step down the path to fulfill your purpose of reaching your full capability in mind, body and spirit.
你踏上实现目标之路的第一步,即在思想、身体和精神上达到你的全部潜能。
684:38 – 4:46
That first step will contain a lot of feelings, including an immense amount of uncertainty.
那第一步会包含很多感受,包括巨大的不确定性。
694:47 – 4:53
We're embracing the unknown.
我们正在拥抱未知。
704:54 – 4:55
Imagine a path
想象一条小路
714:58 – 4:59
and it twists and turns and it goes down to deep valleys and it climbs
它蜿蜒曲折,下到深谷,又向上攀登
725:01 – 5:06
mountains that go above the clouds.
高耸入云的山峰
735:07 – 5:08
And it disappears somewhere off in the distance over the horizon or whatever.
它消失在远处的地平线上或某个地方。
745:10 – 5:14
And there stands a gate in between this path.
在这条小路中间矗立着一扇门。
755:14 – 5:17
And once you open this gate, you cannot go back.
一旦你打开这扇门,你就无法回头。
765:17 – 5:21
Now, at that point, you have two options.
现在,在那一刻,你有两个选择。
775:23 – 5:25
And these two options are the very two options that you have right now.
而这两个选择正是你现在所拥有的两个选择。
785:27 – 5:29
You can either choose to remain stagnant, behind the gate, and play it safe.
你可以选择停滞不前,待在门后,谨慎行事。
795:31 – 5:35
or you can choose to embrace the unknown and choose the path of fulfillment and of purpose.
或者你可以选择拥抱未知,选择一条充满成就感和目标感的道路。
805:36 – 5:42
You don't know where it ends up.
你不知道它最终会落在哪里。
815:43 – 5:44
You don't know what challenges you will face along the way.
你不知道沿途会遇到什么挑战。
825:47 – 5:49
You don't know who or what you will encounter.
你不知道会遇到谁或什么。
835:52 – 5:54
But what it does give you is meaning.
但它确实给了你意义。
845:54 – 5:57
The thing that all of us look for.
我们所有人都在寻找的东西。
856:00 – 6:02
It's the why behind everything that we do.
这就是我们所做一切背后的原因。
866:04 – 6:06
And if you remember,
如果你还记得。
876:08 – 6:10
when I said that this path actually never truly ends, when you come to that realization,
当我说这条路实际上永远不会真正结束,当你意识到这一点时。
886:12 – 6:17
it's scary at first.
起初是可怕的。
896:18 – 6:19
But there's a beauty and understanding that the journey is actually all that I have.
但有一种美和理解,即旅程实际上就是我拥有的一切。
906:22 – 6:28
It is what gives me meaning. This is it.
这就是赋予我意义的东西。就是这样。
916:30 – 6:32
This is the experience
这就是那种经历
926:33 – 6:35
that makes it all worth it.
让一切都值得。
936:36 – 6:37
It's what gives life adventure.
这就是给生活带来冒险的东西。
946:38 – 6:40
It's what makes the experience worth living.
这就是让这段经历值得去体验的东西。
956:43 – 6:46
You don't get that when you choose to live a life of stagnation.
当你选择过一种停滞不前的生活时,你就得不到那种东西。
966:49 – 6:52
You've chosen to stand behind the gate
你选择了站在大门后面。
976:53 – 6:55
and simply wonder what could have been.
然后只是想象本可能发生的事情。
986:57 – 6:59
Now, I'm a firm believer that
现在,我坚信
997:00 – 7:02
if you simply make the decision to remove the distractions, eventually
如果你只是做出决定去消除干扰,最终
1007:04 – 7:09
you will get so sick and tired of looking at this path, wondering what could be.
你会对看着这条路、想知道可能会发生什么感到非常厌倦。
1017:09 – 7:16
Yeah, maybe it's risky, but so what?
是啊,也许这有风险,但那又怎样?
1027:16 – 7:21
I can't stand to stand here any longer.
我再也无法忍受继续站在这里。
1037:23 – 7:25
I want to move.
我想行动。
1047:26 – 7:27
I want to do things.
我想做事情。
1057:28 – 7:29
I want to accomplish things.
我想要完成一些事情。
1067:29 – 7:30
So what if I fail?
那么如果我失败了又怎样?
1077:30 – 7:31
Who cares?
谁在乎呢?
1087:33 – 7:34
Anything is better than simply standing here, remaining stagnant,
任何事情都比仅仅站在这里、停滞不前要好。
1097:36 – 7:40
missing out on what life truly has to offer.
错过生活真正所提供的一切。
1107:42 – 7:44
Eventually you will reach that state where you simply embrace
最终你会达到那种状态,你只是拥抱
1117:47 – 7:49
the uncertainty; you embrace adversity and challenge, because what else? What's the alternative?
不确定性;你拥抱逆境和挑战,因为还有什么别的选择呢?
1127:50 – 7:55
You can't experience actual happiness
你无法体验真正的幸福
1137:57 – 7:59
without sadness, you can't experience success without failure, it wouldn't mean anything.
没有悲伤,你无法体验成功而不经历失败,那将毫无意义。
1148:00 – 8:05
And you do not get that if you choose to live a life of stagnation,
如果你选择过一种停滞不前的生活,你就无法得到那种体验。
1158:07 – 8:10
if you choose to stand behind
如果你选择站在后面
1168:11 – 8:12
the gate. That's why this video is
大门。这就是为什么这个视频
1178:12 – 8:15
titled, the reality that you refuse to face.
标题是:你拒绝面对的现实。
1188:15 – 8:18
You're so distracted by your phone or work or
你被手机、工作或
1198:20 – 8:23
drama or going to the bar or having a good time
戏剧、去酒吧或玩得很开心
1208:23 – 8:28
that you're not actually looking up at what you're missing out on.
你实际上并没有抬头看你错过了什么。
1218:30 – 8:32
But I want you to know that it's your decision.
但我想让你知道这是你的决定。
1228:34 – 8:36
At the end of the day, you decide your fate.
归根结底,是你决定自己的命运。
1238:37 – 8:39
You decide if you remain behind the gate
你决定是否留在门后
1248:41 – 8:43
or if you embrace the journey.
还是拥抱这段旅程。
1258:44 – 8:46
But to actually get to a place where you can make that decision, you have to remove the distractions.
但要真正达到能够做出那个决定的地步,你必须排除干扰。
1268:47 – 8:52
You have to wake up from this
你必须从这种状态中醒来。
1278:53 – 8:54
false reality that everything's going to work itself out or I don't know.
那种一切都会自行解决的虚假现实,或者我不知道。
1288:55 – 9:00
Set aside time each day.
每天留出时间。
1299:03 – 9:05
I'm not saying you have to throw your phone away.
我不是说你必须扔掉手机。
1309:05 – 9:07
Okay, that's unrealistic. I get that. I'm not one of those people that's like, whatever. I get it.
好吧,那不太现实。我明白。我不是那种随便说“无所谓”的人。我懂。
1319:07 – 9:14
Use your phone. It's good. Go on YouTube.
用你的手机。这很好。上YouTube看看。
1329:14 – 9:18
But everything in moderation.
但凡事都要适度。
1339:19 – 9:21
Okay.
好的。
1349:21 – 9:23
All I'm saying is that if you simply set aside an hour out of your day,
我只是说,如果你每天只抽出一个小时。
1359:24 – 9:28
each day to just sit
每天只是坐着
1369:30 – 9:30
with yourself and reflect on your own thoughts.
和自己待在一起,反思自己的想法。
1379:30 – 9:33
Ask yourself questions.
问自己一些问题。
1389:34 – 9:35
Ask, what do you really want out of life?
问自己,你真正想从生活中得到什么?
1399:37 – 9:39
What are you possibly missing out on? What does success actually mean to you?
你可能错过了什么?成功对你来说到底意味着什么?
1409:40 – 9:44
And what are the things that you need to do to actually get that?
那么,你需要做些什么才能真正得到它呢?
1419:47 – 9:49
And eventually you will have enough knowledge, will have learned enough about yourself to realize what you actually truly want.
最终,你会有足够的知识,对自己有足够的了解,从而意识到你真正想要的是什么。
1429:50 – 9:56
You'll realize that a life of stagnation simply is not a choice at all.
你会意识到,停滞不前的生活根本就不是一个选择。
1439:57 – 10:01
And then you will gain enough courage to take the first step to open the gate and embrace the uncertainty.
然后,你会有足够的勇气迈出第一步,打开大门,拥抱不确定性。
14410:03 – 10:10
And you will say to yourself, I don't know where this path goes.
你会对自己说,我不知道这条路通向何方。
14510:11 – 10:15
I don't know where it leads.
我不知道它通向哪里。
14610:16 – 10:17
I don't know that it ever ends.
我不知道它是否会结束。
14710:19 – 10:20
I understand that I most certainly will
我明白我肯定将会
14810:23 – 10:25
face challenges and adversity and I will get lost but I will find my way.
面对挑战和逆境,我会迷失,但我会找到自己的路。
14910:27 – 10:33
And with each step
而随着每一步
15010:35 – 10:35
I will continue to learn and develop skills
我将继续学习并发展技能
15110:37 – 10:40
become stronger and wiser and
变得更强大、更明智。
15210:41 – 10:44
more equipped with each and every step.
每一步都更有能力。
15310:44 – 10:49
And I will meet friends and I will experience true accomplishment I will find success.
我会结识朋友,体验真正的成就,找到成功。
15410:49 – 10:56
And I will make memories and I know
我会创造回忆,而且我知道
15510:58 – 11:04
that then and only then I
那时,而且只有那时,我
15611:05 – 11:09
will experience what true fulfillment is.
才会体验到真正的满足是什么。
15711:09 – 11:11
It is not here behind this gate.
它不在这扇门后面。
15811:12 – 11:15
My friend, that is the reality that you refuse to face.
我的朋友,那就是你拒绝面对的现实。
15911:16 – 11:18
Now what you do after this video, is entirely up to you.
现在,看完这个视频后你做什么,完全取决于你。
16011:21 – 11:26
But just know that with whatever you choose,
但只需知道,无论你选择什么。
16111:28 – 11:31
you will either remain behind the gate, or
你要么留在门后,要么
16211:34 – 11:38
you will take the first step.
你将迈出第一步。
16311:38 – 11:39